Problem: I am dealing with a nasty virus that attempts to create a dial-up connection and dial-out to some porn company.
So far, I’ve tried every single tool I can possibly think of. I’ve used AVG anti-spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, Spy Sweeper, ComboFix, SmitFraudFix, AVG Anti-Rootkit thinking it might have been a rootkit but it wasn’t and none have worked.
I even tried using KillBox to replace the file with a dummy file. This normally works; but didn’t this time! That was insane! I thought to myself, this is a really serious infection. I did a little Google search and couldn’t really come to anything concrete.
My next logical guess is that I messed up somehow and deleted a file or two necessary to delete these other files.
One file in particular, which I can recall off the top of my head was named: spoolw.exe. There are a few others relating directly to this file as well.
I’m about to go into work and see what I can do. If I can’t figure this out by today, I’m going to have to do a nuke/repave. I will update this post a little bit later.