This is one of the most annoying things that could possibly happen to a technician trying to find a replacement part for a client. I have a client who has a bad keyboard. I remove the keyboard and check the part number on the back (this is the best and most efficient way to figure out exactly what keyboard it is and useful to use when trying to find another one, sometimes). In this case, I went ahead and typed the part number into Part Surfer and sure enough it tells me there is no part with that part number.
Here’s the part number.:
The part number ended up being 407856-001 which is on the sticker up above. Stupid HP!