I was trying to enable Microsoft Update so that I could get Exchange updates but whenever I clicked on the “Find out more” link it would take me to the below screen shot and just stay there with no option to install Microsoft Update.
You have to add Microsoft.com to the compatibility view settings of IE11 in order to get the prompt to install Microsoft Updates.
On two different occassions I’ve had this problem where I attempted to install OS X El Capitan via USB flash drive onto an older MacBookPro and encountered this error: “This copy of the Install OS X El Capitan application can’t be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading.”
Normally it is due to your date and time being off, usually if your battery died and your date got reset back to 1970. However, even with the date set via terminal to the current date and time I still have the same problem. Eventually I found that if you set the date back to 2013 via terminal, so using the command “date 0301120013” has allowed El Capitan to continue installing. Good luck!
If you receive this error message: We can’t find the SharePoint site location. Please check the location address for typing errors, make sure you’re using the full URL of the OneDrive for Business location versus just typing in url.sharepoint.com. I was doing the latter and kept receiving this error thinking it was a compatibility issue with Office 2016.
I am working on an HP laptop that needed a new hard drive. I cloned the failing hard drive to a new hard drive and installed it back into the laptop. I tried to get Windows Updates but received the following error: Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer. I tried stopping the wuauserv service and re-naming the SoftwareDistribution folder and even deleting it but nothing worked. I finally stumbled onto a TechNet forum post that said to try and update the Intel Rapid Storage Technology” drivers and all I did was Google “Intel Rapid storage Technology HP” and used the first one that showed up from hp.com. It worked. Another symptom you’ll probably have is Microsoft Windows Defender won’t start, nor will the service. You will get an error message that says: “windows could not start the windows defender service on local computer error 0x8e5e0247.”
So we are having problems with one of our client’s experiencing extremely slow uploads to Amazon S3. We just reached out to support to find out what can be done but from briefly searching the Internet it doesn’t seem to be that big of a problem. I’ve found a few instances of others having similar problems but nothing concrete in solving the actual problem. I have enabled multi part uploads and it is at its default setting. If I can figure it out I hope to report back here and let you all know.
Ran into a problem with a Ricoh MP3001 printer installed onto Server 2008R2 using 64bit drivers PCL6. I had a user who could not print. We setup his user code and then he would try again and it still wouldn’t print. All things pointed to the user code. We check and the user code he just inputted is gone. Once you hit apply and then OK and that window closes and if you go back to printer preferences and job type and user code it was blank again. Changed the driver to PCL5 and the user code remains. Try it, it should work for you.
So basically this is what happens and the back story to this is that if you have a computer with re-directed folders, which normally would be in a corporate environment, and you attempt to download certain files, you end up with this error message in the IE10 download manager.
This was a problem with IE9 but it was fixed here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2589171/en-us. It appears that with IE10, whatever fix they utilized, wasn’t retroactively applied to the IE10 code.
I did a little digging with Processor Monitor and found that I was getting a sharing violation error. I then Googled that, found a few web pages talking about the problem with IE9, finally read something about Microsoft Security Essentials being a partial culprit, did some testing and came to the conclusion that if you exclude .partial files from Microsoft Security Essentials, you can get around this temporarily. I say temporarily due to the fact that I hope Microsoft releases a fix for this although I am not getting my hopes up. What is the consequences of excluding .partial files from MSE? Well it basically means, I think, that every file you download isn’t going to be properly scanned. I may be wrong, it may scan the entire file after it’s put back together but I can’t say for sure. So if you do attempt this, you are doing this at your own risk, the possibility of downloading a malicious file and not being notified is very real.
I’m happy to report that the one tag that I could not get deleted now deletes. As of 4/14/10, the Google team has apparently fixed the issue.
Try it now! All they need now is to allow us to rename folders/tags!
If you’re having problems with this ancient piece of software, try doing a search for an .xlb file and re-naming said xlb file to .xlbold. This fixed the problem for myself.
If you experience this it’s due to an update that was installed.
Go to your registry and delete the following key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data